Second Grade Math
This year we have a new math series called Math Connects.
Practice Math Facts at home:
- School code - NE900
- A flyer is sent home at the beginning of the year with login information.
- Students can practice at home.
- Parents can sign up to receive emails also on your child's progress.
Home Support: Very important to make it real-life.
Second graders will cover many skills in math. The following skills will be assessed to mastery:
- Telling time to five minute
- Place value of three and four digit numbers
- Using various coin combinations to make different amounts of money
- Skip counting by 2,5,10
- Identifying even and odd numbers
- Measurement to the nearest half inch and half centimeter
- Making change
- Geometric shapes
- Mastery of basic addition and subtraction facts of numbers through plus 10
- Two-digit addition and subtraction
- Finding partners to equal 10
- Identify and solve addition and subtraction number stories
Math Websites to Visit: